Film, Video [Rolling Stones at Altamont--home movie] Title on film leader: Stones in the park
About this Item
- [Rolling Stones at Altamont--home movie]
- Title on film leader: Stones in the park
- Silent, edited footage of the free concert at Altamont Speedway on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, December 6, 1969. The film begins and ends with a shot of burning wood. The footage taken in the daytime features Santana, Jefferson Airplane, The Flying Burrito Brothers, and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger appear as spectators during The Flying Burrito Brothers' set. The nighttime footage features the Rolling Stones. The footage is quite dark, with Mick Jagger most visible. Most of the footage is of the performers onstage. There are also long shots of the crowd and of individuals dancing and singing. In both the daytime and nighttime footage, there are shots of Hells Angels on stage with the performers, and some shots of them getting rough and pushing people off the stage.
Created / Published
- - Altamont Festival--(1969 :--Tracy, Calif.)
- - Rock concerts--California--Tracy
- - Santana (Musical group)
- - Jefferson Airplane (Musical group)
- - Flying Burrito Bros
- - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- - Rolling Stones
- - Hell's Angels
- Amateur films
- Concert films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Appearing: Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Flying Burrito Bros., Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Rolling Stones.
- - Filmed on location at Altamont Speedway in Tracy, California on December 6, 1969.
- 1 video file (digital) (25 min.) : si., col.
- Prelinger Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rolling Stones at Altamont--home movie. 1969. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600221/.
APA citation style:
(1969) Rolling Stones at Altamont--home movie. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600221/.
MLA citation style:
Rolling Stones at Altamont--home movie. 1969. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020600221/>.