Film, Video Aguinaldo's navy /
About this Item
- Aguinaldo's navy /
- Other Title
- Native boats on the new Aguinaldo's navy
- From the Biograph picture catalogue: 27 feet. A splendid scene, showing a large number of curious Filipino boats being worked on the Pasig River near Manila by natives. The picture is unusually fine photographically.
- Contributor Names
- Ackerman, Raymond, camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Philippines--History--Philippine American War, 1899-1902
- - Filipinos--Boats
- - River boats--Philippines
- - Revolutionaries--Transportation--Philippines
- - Aguinaldo, Emilio,--1869-1964--Military leadership
- - Rivers--Philippines
- - Manila (Philippines)
- - Philippines--History, Naval
- War (Nonfiction)--Short
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H16737 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 18Apr1902; H16737.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, Raymond Ackerman.
- - Duration: 0:22 at 18 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the print chosen best copy for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff.
- - Biograph catalog no. 1454; code name (for telegraphic orders) Gaenstrab.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed Feb. 18, 1900, on the Pasig River near Manila, P.I.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 136 [MI]; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908. 1971, p. 67.
- - Received: ca. 5/84 from LC film lab; ref print, dupe neg, and masterpos; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: ca. 1984 from LC film lab; arch neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 4/18/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. masterpos.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. arch neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 9466 (ref print)
- FPE 5132 (dupe neg)
- FPE 5134 (masterpos)
- FPE 5473 (arch neg)
- LC 191 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
American Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Philippine American War
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ackerman, Raymond, Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Aguinaldo's Navy. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1900] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500758/. (Accessed October 21, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ackerman, R., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1900) Aguinaldo's Navy. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500758/.
MLA citation style:
Ackerman, Raymond, Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Aguinaldo's Navy. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1900] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98500758/>.