Film, Video The dandy Fifth /
About this Item
- The dandy Fifth /
- Other Title
- Dandy 5th
- Dandy 5th of Baltimore
- Dandy Fifth of Baltimore
- Dandy Fifth Regiment of Baltimore
- From the Biograph picture catalogue: 62 feet. Taken during the land parade in honor of Admiral Dewey, just before the turn into 72nd Street, with Grant's tomb and decorated residences in the background. This entire series of pictures [of the Dewey land parade] has a very high photographic quality, and the various organizations appear at their best.
- Contributor Names
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Maryland.--National Guard.--Regiment, 5th
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Veterans
- - Parades--New York (State)--New York
- - Soldiers
- - Dewey, George,--1837-1917--Anniversaries, etc
- - Naval ceremonies, honors, and salutes--New York (State)--New York
- - Grant's Tomb National Monument (New York, N.Y.)
- - New York (N.Y.)
- War (Nonfiction)--Short
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H21512 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 5Sept1902; H21512.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, F.S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 0:52 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff.
- - Biograph catalog no. 1255; code name (for telegraphic orders) Fututus.
- - MAVIS 48454; The dandy fifth.
- - Filmed Sept. 30, 1899, at the Dewey homecoming land parade in New York City.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 177 [MI]; Biograph bulletins 1896-1908. 1971, p. 66.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 7/18/97 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 6/12/97 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 9/5/02; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 61 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 61 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll (ca. 61 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 2890 (ref print)
- FPE 9294 (dupe neg)
- LC 203a (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Armitage, F. S.
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
LocationGrant's Tomb National Monument
New York City
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Grant's Tomb National Monument (new York, N.Y.)
Naval Ceremonies, Honors, and Salutes
New York (n.y.)
New York (state)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. The dandy Fifth. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1899] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500901/. (Accessed July 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1899) The dandy Fifth. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98500901/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. The dandy Fifth. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1899] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/98500901/>.