Film, Video Morning colors on U.S. cruiser "Raleigh"
About this Item
- Morning colors on U.S. cruiser "Raleigh"
- "Shows a group of sailors and an officer at the stern. The flag runs out in a ball to the end of the staff, and, at the signal, is broken. Proudly the Stars and Stripes wave in the morning breeze, while the officer salutes. A very pretty picture of man-o-war life"--The Phonoscope, June 1899, p. 17.
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., c1899.
- - Raleigh (Cruiser)
- - Naval ceremonies, honors, and salutes--Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)
- - Flags--United States
- - Flag raising and lowering
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - 29259 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 28Apr1899; 29259.
- - Original main title lacking.
- - Date is copyright and production date; unable to verify if work was ever actually released.
- - Duration: 0:42 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1039) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed April 17, 1899, on the Hudson River in New York City.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 498; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 214.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 9634 to FZA 2960.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4053 (viewing print)
- FEC 2821 (viewing print)
- FRA 1238 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2960 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0054B (paper pos)
- Box 5143M (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Morning colors on U.S. cruiser "Raleigh". produceds by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/98501217/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1899) Morning colors on U.S. cruiser "Raleigh". White, J. H. U., prod United States: Edison Manufacturing Co. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/98501217/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Morning colors on U.S. cruiser "Raleigh". prod by White, James H. Uction United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/98501217/>.