Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 2, Cannon-Evans
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 2, Cannon-Evans
- - Includes narratives by Mary Allen Darrow, Minerva Davis, Sallie Crane, Isaac Crawford, Mary Crosby, Richard Crump, Zenia Culp, Albert Cumins, Betty Curlett, Betty Curlett, Betty Curlett, J. H. Curry, T.W. Cotton, Ella Daniels, Lucy Cotton, Alice Davis, Charlie Davis, D. Davis, James Davis, Jim Davis, Jim Davis, Jim Davis, Jeff Davis, Jeff Davis, Jordan Davis, Orleans Finger, Lyttleton Dandridge, Frank Cannon, Molly Finley, Fanny Finney, Gate-Eye Fisher, Ellen Fitzgerald, Henry Fitzhugh, Mary Flagg, Doc Flowers, Frances Fluker, Ida May Fluker, Wash Ford, Wash Ford, Ellen Cragin, Ellen Crowley, Rosetta Davis, Zenie Cauley, Liney Chambers, Willie Buck Charleston, Jr., Lewis Chase, Katherine Clay, Maria Sutton Clemments, Maria Sutton Clements, Maria Sutton Clements, Fannie Clemons, Joe Clinton, Betty Coleman, Judia Fortenberry, Jennie Ferrell, Mary Jane Drucilla Davis, William L. Dunwoody, Lucius Edwards, John Elliott, Millie Evans, Millie Evans, Millie Evans, Mose Evans, Rachel Fairley, Pauline Fakes, Mattie Fannen, Lizzie Dunn, Mrs. Lou Fergusson, Wash Dukes, Frank Fikes, J.E. Filer, Emma Foster, Emma Foster, Ira Foster, Ira Foster, Leonard Franklin, Eliza Frazier, Mary Frazier, Tyler Frazier, Mittie Freeman, Robert Farmer, Fannie Dorum, Virginia (Jennie) Davis, Winnie Davis, Leroy Day, Hammett Dell, James Dickey, Benjamin Diggs, Katie Dillon, Alice Dixon, Luke D. Dixon, Martha Ann Dixon, Railroad Dockery, Nellie Dunne, Charles Green Dortch, Mattie Fritz, Silas Dothrum, Sarah Douglas, Sarah Douglas, Tom Douglas, Tom and Sarah Douglas, Tom and Sarah Douglas, Sebert Douglas, Henry Doyl, Willie Doyld, Wade Dudley, Isabella Duke, Callie Donalson.
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernice Bowden, Beulah Sherwood Hagg, Carol Graham, Fannie Clemons, Inez Robertson, Irene Robertson, Joe Clinton, Mary D. Hudgins, Mrs. Mildred Thompson, Mrs. W. M. Bell, Pernella Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, Watt McKinney, and Zillah Cross Peel.
- - Interviews were conducted in Biscoe, Brasfield, Brinkley, Clarendon, De Valls Bluff, Des Arc, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Hazen, Helena, Honey Creek, Hot Springs, Lincoln, Little Rock, Marianna, Marvell, Moro, Ouachita County, Palestine, Pine Bluff, Russellville, Texarkana, Warren, Washington, Washington County, and West Memphis, Arkansas.
- 358 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 2, Cannon-Evans. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn022/. (Accessed June 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 2, Cannon-Evans. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn022/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 2, Cannon-Evans. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn022/>.