Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 5, McClendon-Prayer
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 5, McClendon-Prayer
- - Includes narratives by A.J. Mitchell, Ada Moorehead, Alex Murdock, Alfred Peters, Angeline Martin, Ann May, Annie Page, Annie Parks, Austin Pen Parnell, Avalena McConico, Ben Moon, Ben Parr, Bess Mathis, Bessie Myers, Bob Potter, Caroline Matthews, Carry Allen Patton, Cella Perkins, Charity Morris, Charlie McClendon, Charlie Norris, Claiborne Moss, Cresa Mack, Dan Newborn, Dinah Perry, Dolly Phillips, Ella Pittman, Emaline Neland, Emma Moore, Emma Morris, Emma Oats, Evelina Morgan, Fannie Parker, Frank A. Patterson, Frozie Moss, Gip Minton, Gracie Mitchell, Griffin Myrax, Hardy Miller, Harriet McFarlin Payne, Helen Odom and mother, Sarah Odom, Henry C. Pettus, Henry Kirk Miller, Henry Nelson, Hettie Mitchell, Ike McCoy, Iran Nelson, Ivory Osborne, J.M. Parker, James Henry Nelson, James Morgan, Jane Oliver, Jane Osbrook, Jeff Metcalf, Jesse Meeks, Joe Mayes, John (Doc) Pope, John Nelson, John Patterson, John Payne, John Peterson, Josie Martin, Judy Parker, Larkin Payne, Lettie Nelson, Lewis Mann, Lizzie McCloud, Louise Pettis, Louise Prayer, Malindy Maxwell, Marguerite (Maggie) Perkins, Mary Estes Peters, Mary Jane (Mattie) Mooreman, Mary Mitchell, Mary Myhand, Mary Poe, Matilda Miller, Mattie Nelson, Mose Minser, Mose Moss, Moses Mitchell, Nannie P. Madden, Nathan Miller, Nellie Maxwell, Olivia Morgan, Pate Newton, Patsy Moore, Perry Madden, R.F. Parker, Rachel Perkins, Richard H. McDaniel, S. O. Mullins, Sallie Newsom, Sally Nealy, Sally Neely, Sam Miller, Sarah Jane Patterson, Sarah Pittman, Solomon P. Pattille, Tom Morgan, Tom Wylie Neal, Tony Piggy, Victoria McMullen, W.D. Miller, W.L. Pollacks, Warren McKinney, Waters McIntosh, William Porter, Wylie Nealy
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernice Bowden, Beulah Sherwood Hagg, Irene Robertson, Martin - Barker, Martin & Barker, Mary D. Hudgins, Miss Sallie C. Miller, Mrs. Annie L. LaCotts, Pernella Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, and Thomas Elmore Lucy.
- - Interviews were conducted in Biscoe, Brassfield, Brinkley, Camden, Clarendon, Clarksville, Des Arc, Dewitt, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Goodwin, Hazen, Helena, Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Humphrey, Little Rock, Madison, Marianna, Marvell and Palestine Arkansas, Morrilton, North Little Rock, Pine Bluff, Russellville, and West Memphis, Arkansas.
- 373 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 5, McClendon-Prayer. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn025/. (Accessed June 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 5, McClendon-Prayer. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn025/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 5, McClendon-Prayer. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn025/>.