Film, Video TR at San Diego Exposition, 1915 Theodore Roosevelt at San Diego Exposition, 1915 / Theodore Roosevelt attends San Diego Exposition, 1915
About this Item
- TR at San Diego Exposition, 1915
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt at San Diego Exposition, 1915
- Theodore Roosevelt attends San Diego Exposition, 1915
- Theodore Roosevelt attends the Panama-California Exposition on Roosevelt Day, July 27, 1915. He arrives at the United States Government Building in an open touring car with two men in the rear seat. The man who is wearing a ribbon on his coat appears to be George W. Marston, park commissioner. Gilbert Aubrey Davidson, president of the Exposition, and others greet Roosevelt and his party. The final scenes are of him and his wife, Edith, speaking with various officials and a child on the steps of the building and a close-up of the group talking.
- Contributor Names
- Stineman, Ralph P.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Marston, George W.
- Davidson, Gilbert Aubrey.
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1915.
- Subject Headings
- - Panama-California Exposition--(1915 :--San Diego, Calif.)
- - Exhibitions--California--San Diego
- - San Diego (Calif.)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Reference print (copy 2) appears under Roosevelt Memorial Association title: TR attends San Diego Exposition, 1915.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, George W. Marston, Gilbert Aubrey Davidson, Edith Roosevelt.
- - Interior title contains logo: film by Stineman, San Diego, Calif.
- - Archival pos is longer than other films due to additional interior title.
- - Incomplete: ref print (copy 1) lacks one interior title; ref prints (copy 2 and 3) lack last sequence and two interior titles.
- - Films occasionally out of frame; flash titles.
- - Duration: 0:31 at 18 fps.
- - Sources used: Pourade, Richard F. Gold in the sun, 1965, p. 197-198; The New York times, 8/8/1915, pt. 1, p. 9.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; ref prints (copy 1 and 2), dupe neg, masterpos; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 8/15/1995 from Bono lab; ref print (copy 3); preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Ganahal; films occasionally out of frame; flash titles; ref print (cy 2) is shorter than ref print (cy 1) due to lack of last sequence; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (ca. 18 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (ca. 14 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print (copy 2)
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (ca. 14 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print (copy 3)
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (ca. 18 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0669 (ref print)
- FAB 1380 (ref print, copy 2)
- FAB 7622 (ref print, copy 3)
- FRA 5705 (dupe neg)
- FRA 5706 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsDavidson, Gilbert Aubrey
Marston, George W.
Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow
Stineman, Ralph P.
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
San Diego (Calif.)
San Diego, Calif.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stineman, Ralph P, Theodore Roosevelt, George W Marston, Gilbert Aubrey Davidson, Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR at San Diego Exposition, 1915. [United States: s.n, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000056/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Stineman, R. P., Roosevelt, T., Marston, G. W., Davidson, G. A., Roosevelt, E. K. C. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1915) TR at San Diego Exposition, 1915. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000056/.
MLA citation style:
Stineman, Ralph P, et al. TR at San Diego Exposition, 1915. [United States: s.n, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000056/>.