Film, Video Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912 /
About this Item
- Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912 /
- Other Title
- Scenes of Theodore Roosevelt at Sagamore Hill, 1912
- First film footage taken of TR at Sagamore Hill, summer of 1912. TR on his horse Sidar shakes hands with William P. Helm, Associated Press correspondent for New York City and Washington (1910-1918) and detailed by AP to Wilson and TR during the 1912 campaign. TR rides his horse away from Sagamore, returns to Sagamore, dismounts and feeds the horse from his hand, plays with his three dogs, and then reviews his mail assisted by his son Archie. Final scene of TR, with axe in hand, walking down the driveway.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Roosevelt, Archibald B. (Archibald Bulloch), 1894-1979.
- Helm, William P. (William Pickett), 1883-
- Associated Press.
- Pathé frères (France)
- Roosevelt Memorial Association.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : Pathé Frères, 1912.
- Subject Headings
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Archie Roosevelt, William P. Helm.
- - Duration: 2:12 at 18 fps.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 311-04-01A.
- - MAVIS 13183; Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912.
- - Sources used: Roosevelt Memorial Association; Annual report. 1925:18; Motion picture world v. 13, p. 1304.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: Mar. 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel (148 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel (148 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 6730 (viewing print)
- FPB 7187 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Helm, William P. (william Pickett)
Pathé Frères (france)
Roosevelt Memorial Association
Roosevelt, Archibald (archibald Bulloch)
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (oyster Bay, N.Y.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Archibald B Roosevelt, William P Helm, Associated Press, Pathé Frères, Roosevelt Memorial Association, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912. [S.l.: Pathé Frères, 1912] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000076/. (Accessed October 21, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Roosevelt, A. B., Helm, W. P., Associated Press, Pathé Frères, Roosevelt Memorial Association & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1912) Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912. [S.l.: Pathé Frères] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000076/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. Scenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912. [S.l.: Pathé Frères, 1912] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000076/>.