Film, Video Prime Minister of Barbados
About this Item
- Prime Minister of Barbados
- The Right Honorable Owen Seymour Arthur, Prime Minister of Barbados, came to the Library of Congress to deliver an historic address concerning the formation and evolution of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Caribbean Single Market and Economy (CSME). As prime minister with responsibility for CSME, his presentation focused upon the development and evolution of a transnational union of Caribbean countries comprising, in 2007, 15 member states and five associate members. Prime Minister Arthur's address preceded the meeting of CARICOM heads of state and foreign ministers for the "Conference on the Caribbean: A 20/20 Vision" held in Washington, D.C., June 19-21, 2007.
- Event Date
- June 18, 2007
- - The Rt. Hon. Owen Seymour Arthur assumed office on Sept. 7, 1994, to become Barbados' fifth Prime Minister. Arthur led the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) to victory in the 1994 elections with the BLP winning 19 of the 28 seats in the House of Assembly. In January 1999, Arthur again led the BLP to victory at the polls, with the BLP capturing 26 seats in the House of Assembly.
- Running Time
- 57 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Prime Minister of Barbados. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4084/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Prime Minister of Barbados. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4084/.
MLA citation style:
Prime Minister of Barbados. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4084/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJuan Gabriel Vásquez
- Contributor: Vásquez, Juan Gabriel
- Date: 2013-11-21
Film, VideoAmericans All: Good Neighbor Cultural Diplomacy in World War II
- Contributor: Sadlier, Darlene J.
- Date: 2013-04-22
Film, VideoLatino Americans: The 500-Year Legacy That Shaped a Nation
- Contributor: Suarez, Ray
- Date: 2014-02-04
Film, VideoReading & Conversation with Carmen Boullosa
- Contributor: Boullosa, Carmen
- Date: 2014-03-25
Film, VideoJosé Gervasio Artigas & the Independence of Uruguay
- Contributor: Caetano, Gerardo
- Date: 2013-08-27