Film, Video The Unlinking of Language & Puerto Rican Identity
About this Item
- The Unlinking of Language & Puerto Rican Identity
- Brenda Domínguez-Rosado discussed her book, "The Unlinking of Language and Puerto Rican Identity: New Trends in Sight," the result of research inspired by her own life experiences, including her struggles with identity and doctoral studies.
- Event Date
- June 22, 2017
- - Brenda Domínguez-Rosado is an educator, sociolinguist, editor, translator and writer. She received her Ph.D. in language and literature of the Anglophone Caribbean from the University of Puerto Rico.
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 58 minutes, 1 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Unlinking of Language & Puerto Rican Identity. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7935/.
APA citation style:
(2017) The Unlinking of Language & Puerto Rican Identity. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7935/.
MLA citation style:
The Unlinking of Language & Puerto Rican Identity. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7935/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJuan Gabriel Vásquez
- Contributor: Vásquez, Juan Gabriel
- Date: 2013-11-21
Film, VideoAmericans All: Good Neighbor Cultural Diplomacy in World War II
- Contributor: Sadlier, Darlene J.
- Date: 2013-04-22
Film, VideoLatino Americans: The 500-Year Legacy That Shaped a Nation
- Contributor: Suarez, Ray
- Date: 2014-02-04
Film, VideoReading & Conversation with Carmen Boullosa
- Contributor: Boullosa, Carmen
- Date: 2014-03-25
Film, VideoJosé Gervasio Artigas & the Independence of Uruguay
- Contributor: Caetano, Gerardo
- Date: 2013-08-27