Film, Video Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus
About this Item
- Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus
- An animated cartoon about the adventures of Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus, where they demonstrate their courage to each other by attempting to scare a woman.
- Searl, Leon A., 1882-1919.
- Herriman, George, 1880-1944, writing.
- International Film Service.
- Ernst (Louise) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [International Film Service, 1916].
- - Cats--Drama
- - Mice--Drama
- - Circus--Drama
- - Courage--Drama
- - Women and animals--Drama
- - Fear--Drama
- Comedy films
- Animated films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - MP574 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: International Film Service, Inc.; 17Mar16; MP574.
- - Story, George Herriman.
- - Duration: 3:00 at 22 fps.
- - Summary from M/B/RS shelflist preliminary catalog card.
- - Based on George Herriman's comic strip Krazy Kat.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 3 min., ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 3 min., ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 3 min., ca. 100 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. master pos pic.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 0557 (viewing print)
- FRA 3053 (dupe neg pic)
- FLA 0407 (master pos pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Searl, Leon A, George Herriman, International Film Service, and Ernst. Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus. [United States: International Film Service, 1916] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694014/.
APA citation style:
Searl, L. A., Herriman, G., International Film Service & Ernst. (1916) Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus. [United States: International Film Service] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694014/.
MLA citation style:
Searl, Leon A, et al. Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse at the circus. [United States: International Film Service, 1916] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694014/>.