Film, Video President Roosevelt at the Canton station President Roosevelt at Canton station / President Roosevelt, Canton station
Digital viewing copy
About this Item
- President Roosevelt at the Canton station
- President Roosevelt at Canton station
- President Roosevelt, Canton station
- "In this picture we show President Roosevelt and Cabinet standing at the station with bare heads, while the casket of President McKinley is being placed in the hearse. As the hearse leaves the station the President and his Cabinet start for their carriages. Our panoramic device is here started and this picture finishes with a circular panorama of the Canton station and Public Square. The picture here presented of President Roosevelt is the best one ever recorded. He is very close to the camera and shown life size and can be instantly recognized. 90 ft."--Edison film company catalog, no. 135.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1901.
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - McKinley, William,--1843-1901--Death and burial
- - Presidents--United States--Death
- - Funeral rites and ceremonies--Ohio--Canton
- - Railroad stations--Ohio--Canton
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H9085 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 26Sept1901; H9085.
- - Duration: 1:31 at 15 fps.
- - Photographed September 18, 1901. Location: Canton, Ohio.
- - The Library of Congress copy of this film may not contain all of the scenes described in the Edison Company summary.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1814) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 257; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 858; Edison films catalog, no. 135, September, 1902, p. 16.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (44 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (44 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4828 (viewing print)
- FEB 9623 (viewing print)
- FRA 1837 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5222 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 5223 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FRB 1601 (master pos pic)
- FPE 5518 (master pos pic)
- Box 0577D (paper pos)
- Box 5191D (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Last Days of a President: Films of McKinley and the Pan-American Exposition, 1901 (36)
- Inventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies (432)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division (1,006)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,475,713)
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. President Roosevelt at the Canton station. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694356/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1901) President Roosevelt at the Canton station. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694356/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. President Roosevelt at the Canton station. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694356/>.