Film, Video Skating on lake, Central Park Skating in Central Park / Skating in Central Park, N.Y. City / Skating on 72nd St. lake Central Park
About this Item
- Skating on lake, Central Park
- Skating in Central Park
- Skating in Central Park, N.Y. City
- Skating on 72nd St. lake Central Park
- The view is of a frozen lake in Central Park crowded with ice skaters. The film is of such poor quality that it is difficult to tell if the apparent "snow" is real or just scratches on the film.
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, c1902.
- - Central Park (New York, N.Y.)
- - Skating--New York (State)--New York
- - Skaters--New York (State)--New York
- - City and town life--New York (State)--New York
- - Winter--New York (State)--New York
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H21313 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 25Aug1902; H21313.
- - Camera, Frederick S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 0:54 at 15 fps.
- - Length of 35 mm. print, neg and paper pos is estimated. According to Biograph bulletins, 1895-1908, film was available in two lengths. Lengths from Biograph production logs: 311 ft. or 54 ft.
- - According to MAVIS, 35 mm. neg is archival.
- - Photographed February 5, 1900. Location: Central Park, New York, N.Y.
- - Biograph production no. 1365.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0838) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 299; Biograph production logs, v. 1: 1899-1903; Biograph bulletins, 1895-1908, p. 65, p. 449; AFI catalog online, viewed December 11, 2015.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 5584 to FZA 2667.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 55 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 55 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 55 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3853 (viewing print)
- FEB 9806 (viewing print)
- FRA 1064 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2667 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0281L (paper pos)
- Box 5518F (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company
- Armitage, F. S.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Skating on lake, Central Park. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694380/.
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1902) Skating on lake, Central Park. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694380/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Skating on lake, Central Park. United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694380/>.