Film, Video Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918  Scenes of Theodore Roosevelt and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918 
About this Item
- Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918 
- Other Title
- Scenes of Theodore Roosevelt and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918 
- Unrelated segments of Quentin, Archie, and TR at various times and locations. Medium close view of Quentin wearing a WWI uniform standing by a wooden shed in Mineola, New York, May 1917; long shot of Archie in uniform astride a horse possibly in 1917; Archie in uniform, with a cane, standing by a building possibly in 1918; medium shot of TR speaking from the porch at Sagamore Hill; close shot of TR sitting at the 5th Annual International Flower Show in the Grand Central Palace, New York City on March 20, 1917; long shot of crowds and TR in a motorcade probably during 1917, location unknown; TR speaking from a flag-decked platform possibly in 1917; and TR with an unidentified man standing and talking on outside steps of a house, identified by interior title as in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Roosevelt, Quentin, 1897-1918.
- Roosevelt, Archibald B. (Archibald Bulloch), 1894-1979.
- Roosevelt Memorial Association.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1917-1918.
- Subject Headings
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - World War, 1914-1918
- - Flower shows--New York (State)--New York
- - Processions--New York (State)--New York
- - Dwellings--Washington (D.C.)
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President Roosevelt, Quentin Roosevelt, Archie Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 1:07 at 18 fps.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 301-06-05.
- - MAVIS 7883; Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917-1918 .
- - Sources used: P&P portrait file.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. Flash title. Last segment is from a Danish newsreel with title, Ex-praesident Theodore Roosevelt og hans berømte Smil [Ex-president Theodore Roosevelt and his famous smile].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print, dupe neg, masterpos; Received: Oct. 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- masterpos. 1 film reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 6694 (viewing print)
- FPB 7073 (dupe neg)
- FPB 7072 (masterpos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsRoosevelt Memorial Association
Roosevelt, Archibald (Archibald Bulloch)
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
New York (State)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Quentin Roosevelt, Archibald B Roosevelt, Roosevelt Memorial Association, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917 to 1918 2]. [United States: s.n., to 1918, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000304/. (Accessed December 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Roosevelt, Q., Roosevelt, A. B., Roosevelt Memorial Association & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1917) [Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917 to 1918 2]. [United States: s.n., to 1918] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000304/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. [Scenes of TR and his sons Quentin and Archie, 1917 to 1918 2]. [United States: s.n., to 1918, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000304/>.