Film, Video [End of school day at coeducational school] Graduation day in a coeducational school
About this Item
- [End of school day at coeducational school]
- Other Title
- Graduation day in a coeducational school
- A factual film in which exuberant boys and girls, apparently high school students, walk through the arches of a school building and down the steps. Most of the boys wear caps and most of the girls wear fancy hats and ankle-length or mid-calf length full skirts; many of the students carry books. Two men attired in robes appear. Possibly a scene of graduation day or the last day of school.
- Contributor Names
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [United States? : Thomas A. Edison, Inc.?, 1914?]
- Subject Headings
- - High school students
- - Silent films
- - Short films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: reg unknown.
- - Formerly known in the Kleine Collection as: Graduation day in a coeducational school.
- - Film lacks all titles; main title from leader.
- - Duration: 2:23 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 10-20-59 from USDA lab; ref print, dupe neg and arch pos; purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate original received 3-27-47; Kleine (George) Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (56 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (56 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (56 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1534 (ref print)
- FRA 3916 (dupe neg)
- FRA 3915 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [End of School Day at Coeducational School]. [United States?: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.?, ?, 1914] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73013400/. (Accessed February 26, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Kleine. (1914) [End of school day at coeducational school]. [United States?: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.?, ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73013400/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [End of School Day at Coeducational School]. [United States?: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.?, ?, 1914] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73013400/>.