Film, Video [Labor Day parade]
About this Item
- [Labor Day parade]
- Other Title
- Labor Day parade, Fitchburg, Mass.
- Fitchburg, Mass., Labor Day parade
- Shows a parade through bunting-draped streets, probably in the town of Leominster, Mass. First, a decorated grandstand bearing the banner "Leominster heartily greets its guests" is seen, and then the camera pans to the street where the parade is to be photographed. The sidewalks are crowded with people, including many little girls in white or light-colored dresses. People run back and forth across the street, and then the parade starts. Automobiles decorated with flowers, flags, and ribbons pass in review. Next come horse-drawn fire engines, followed by horse-drawn carts, carriages, and floats of assorted shapes and sizes.
- Contributor Names
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904?].
- Subject Headings
- - Labor Day
- - Parades--Massachusetts
- - Holidays
- - Fire engines
- - Parade floats--Massachusetts
- - Leominster (Mass.)
- - Silent films
- Documentary films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: reg. unknown.
- - Main, interior and end titles lacking.
- - Title, date, and production information from inventory lists.
- - Duration: 3:13 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - ref print, dupe neg, and arch pos; Received: 10/20/59 from USDA lab; purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate orginal received 3/27/47; Kleine (George) Collection.
- ref print. 1 reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- arch pos. 1 reel of 1 (76 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1593 (ref print)
- FRA 4055 (dupe neg)
- FRA 4056 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsKleine (george) Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [Labor Day parade]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., ?, 1904] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73075000/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Kleine. (1904) [Labor Day parade]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73075000/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [Labor Day parade]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., ?, 1904] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73075000/>.