Film, Video Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe Cartoon of Theodore Roosevelt's reception by crowned heads of Europe
About this Item
- Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe
- Other Title
- Cartoon of Theodore Roosevelt's reception by crowned heads of Europe
- Animated cartoon of Roosevelt's reception in Europe during his April-June 1910 tour. Sequences of crowned heads of Europe sitting in an open automobile, labeled Europe, located on a pier. TR, carrying a big stick, is in the bow of a ship that approaches the pier as the crowned heads wave. Caricatured are: TR; Victor Emanuel III of Italy; Manuel II of Portugal; Franz Joseph I of Austria; Alfonso XIII of Spain; Nicholas II of Russia; Edward VII of Great Britain; Clément Fallières of France; and Wilhelm II of Germany.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Victor Emmanuel III, King of Italy, 1869-1947.
- Manuel II, King of Portugal, 1889-1932.
- Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria, 1830-1916.
- Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, 1886-1941.
- Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1868-1918.
- Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910.
- William II, German Emperor, 1859-1941.
- Fallières, Armand, 1841-1931.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1910?].
- Subject Headings
- - Caricatures and cartoons
- - Editorial cartoons
- - Art--Political aspects
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Caricatures and cartoons
- Animated films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 0:07 at 18 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 8/15/1995 from Bono lab; ref print (copy 2); preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA; old safety materials retained in Suitland; transferred to safety from old safety at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., 3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16mm. ref print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., 3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16mm. ref print (copy 2)
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., 3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0946 (ref print)
- FAB 7614 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRA 5904 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Franz Joseph I
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Victor Emmanuel III
Caricatures and Cartoons
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, King Of Italy Victor Emmanuel Iii, King Of Portugal Manuel Ii, Emperor Of Austria Franz Joseph I, King Of Spain Alfonso Xiii, Emperor Of Russia Nicholas Ii, King Of Great Britain Edward Vii, German Emperor William Ii, Armand Fallières, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/. (Accessed December 11, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Victor Emmanuel Iii, K. O. I., Manuel Ii, K. O. P., Franz Joseph I, E. O. A., Alfonso Xiii, K. O. S., Nicholas Ii, E. O. R. [...] Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1910) Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/>.