Film, Video [Theater commercial--Warner's corsets] Warner corset advertisement
About this Item
- [Theater commercial--Warner's corsets]
- Warner corset advertisement
- A fictionalized story of "Warner's fashionable rust-proof corsets, guaranteed not to rust, break or tear." On the way to bed, a little girl spies her mother's corset and tries it on in front of a mirror. Her younger brother tries to grab it from her, and the two wrestle over the corset as they move into the bathroom. Still fighting for the corset, the children drop it into the bathtub, then begin splashing it in the water. Hearing the noise, the mother goes upstairs and discovers the children playing with the soaked corset. To their surprise, mother reassures them that no harm has been done: "Thank goodness it's a Warner's and it's rust-proof!" Cuts to stop-motion animation of a corset unrolling and opening and closing against a black background, then a closeup of the Warner's label. Ends with a local tag for P.J. Myhre: "We are showing new Warner styles from $1 up."
- AFI/Raes (Walter K. and Marika A.) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 191-?].
- - Corsets
- - Silent films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 3:36 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 11/30/87 from LC film lab; ref print; preservation; AFI/Raes (Walter K. and Marika A.) Collection.
- - Received: 11/18/87 from LC film lab; dupe neg; preservation; AFI/Raes (Walter K. and Marika A.) Collection.
- - 35 mm dupe neg renumbered: FPE 2649 to FZA 2633.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 270 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 280 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 7678 (ref print)
- FZA 2633 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Afi/Raes. Theater commercial--Warner's corsets. [United States: s.n., 191-?] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/97516772/.
APA citation style:
Afi/Raes. Theater commercial--Warner's corsets. [United States: s.n., 191-?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/97516772/.
MLA citation style:
Afi/Raes. Theater commercial--Warner's corsets. [United States: s.n., 191-?] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/97516772/>.