Film, Video Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people
About this Item
- Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people
- Views of Francis Joseph I, Emperor of Austria-Hungary, and an entourage of military officers and civilians walking down a wide avenue; the street is lined with people greeting the Emperor. Interior title notes location as Vienna, Austria and notes TR as being entertained by the Emperor at the palace. TR visited the Emperor in April, 1910; there are no views of TR on film.
- Contributor Names
- Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria, 1830-1916.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1910?]
- Subject Headings
- - Franz Joseph--I,--Emperor of Austria,--1830-1916
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Emperors
- - Processions
- - Austria--Kings and rulers
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 1:00 at 18 fps.
- - Location in title unverified.
- - MAVIS 13154; Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people.
- - Donor's inventory number: RMA 315-08-11.
- - Sources used: P&P portrait file; Theodore Roosevelt Association Film Collection: a catalog, p. 23.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association (RMA). RMA purchased from Elmendorf.
- - Received: May 1968 from USDA lab; viewing print and dupe neg [sic]; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Elmendorf; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: May 1968 and LC lab: Oct. 1974.
- 1 film reel of 1 (27 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (68 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. master pos pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (27 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. non-viewing pos pic.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0868 (viewing print)
- FPB 8230 (master pos pic)
- FRA 5896 (non-viewing pos pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsFranz Joseph I
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Emperor of Austria
Kings and Rulers
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Franz Joseph I, Emperor Of Austria, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000311/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Franz Joseph I, E. O. A. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1910) Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people. [United States: s.n., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000311/.
MLA citation style:
Franz Joseph I, Emperor Of Austria, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Emperor Francis Joseph of Austria greeted by his people. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000311/>.