From June 25 to August 11, NLS is sponsoring a summer reading program for its patrons of all ages.
All events will be held virtually—so anyone, anywhere, can attend!
How to register
If you’re already an NLS patron, contact your NLS network library to register for the Summer Reading Program. Find their information online or call 888-NLS-READ (888-657-7323) and follow the prompts to be connected to your library. If you have difficulty finding or connecting with your library, email the NLS Information Services Section at [email protected].
If you’re not a patron, find out how to apply for NLS service.
The Summer Reading Program will have story times, author talks, book discussions, music, and more! Here's the lineup. (All events and author talks will be held online; you will receive details on how to join in after you register. Age suggestions are listed for each program, but every program is open to all!)
- Kickoff event (All ages): Monday, June 26, at 4:00 pm EDT
- Story time and Music by Turtle Dance Music (K-3rd grade): Thursday, July 6, at 7:00 pm EDT
- Shelby Van Pelt (Adult): Thursday, June 29, at 7:00 pm EDT
- Celia Perez (Middle grades): Tuesday, July 11, at 7:00 pm EDT
- Annette Bay Pimentel and Jennifer Keelan-Chaffins (K-5th grade): Saturday, July 22, at 1:00 pm EDT
- Kwame Alexander (YA and Middle grades): Thursday, July 27, at 7:00 pm EDT
- Jenny Torres Sanchez (YA): Thursday, August 3, at 7:00 pm EDT